So I know I'm only supposed to post new cupcakes that i bake every week. But this is my blog and I make the rules lol, plus I just made these crazy delicious choco chip Oreo cookies for my brothers, and i wanted to show them off. They were amazing! Fluffy, extra chewy in the middle and crispy on the edges, just how I like them. I have never been able to find a cookie recipe that i absolutely love, and I'm pretty sure that I've found the winner today. I baked 24 cookies 10 minutes ago, and I'm now down to 4 haha.
I got the recipe from the, "Chef at home" cookbook, and added my own little tweaks to it. Here is the final recipe :).
Double Choc-Oreo Cookies
- 1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 T cocoa powder
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 t pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 C dark chocolate chips
- 6 semi-chopped up Oreo cookie
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder together and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. If you don't have a stand mixer, beat vigorously by hand in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla and continue beating until well combined. Scrape down the bowl and gradually add the flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped Oreos.
- Scoop out a big tablespoon ball of dough, roll it for a moment in your hands and then drop it onto parchment paper. Slightly flatten the balls.
For a soft, chewy cookie, bake for exactly 12 minutes. For a cookie with a bit of crispy crunch, bake for exactly 15 minutes.
Hope you guys try out these tasty cookies, let me know what you think of them and how they turned out :).
Next week I'm thinking of baking the, ULTIMATE VANILLA CUPCAKE! From the blog site called, "Cupcake Project." I'll be putting a little Halloween touch on them. I'm also baking a french toast cupcake with maple buttercream frosting for my brother's breakfast party!
Have a great week :)