For some reason I`ve been craving bananas all the time, this might be the reason why i made this mini delightful banana cream pie cupcake this week :). It was jam packed with yummy banana flavor, and the subtle caramel drizzle was a perfect topper. I found this recipe on a website called, ``Bakers Royale.`` This guy makes flawless desserts that look extremely delicious.
Fill cupcake pan with liners. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Coconut and Pecan Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 ½ C graham cracker crumbs
- ½ C sweetened coconut shreds, toasted
- ½ C pecans
- ½ C sugar
- 8 T butter, melted
1. Place graham cracker crumbs, toasted coconut shreds, toasted pecans and sugar in a food processor bowl and pulse to crumble.
2. Place 1 ½ tablespoon of graham cracker crust mixture into bottom of cupcake liner. Use the bottom of a glass to press mixture down. Bake crust for about 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
Banana Cream Pie Filling
- 1 ½ bananas, 1/2 banana for divided use
- 1 C milk
- 1 C heavy cream
- ¼ C corn starch
- ½ C sugar, plus 2 T sugar
- 1 T vanilla
- ¼ kosher salt
1. Place all ingredients in food processor bowl or blender and process to combine. Pour mixture into a saucepan over medium heat and cook until mixture starts to bubble, making sure to constantly whisk. Continue to cook mixture until it thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
1. Pour mixture banana cream filling over crust and into liner about 2/3 of the way up. Using the remaining bananas, place one layer of sliced bananas on top. Place a thin second layer of banana cream filling on top of bananas. Pipe whip cream and drizzle caramel sauce on top
I hope you enjoyed this cupcake!
I`m planning on making a Christmas theme cupcake next week, I know it`s early... But I`m so excited!
I`ve already made my Christmas list ;).