This week`s inspiration came from one of my favorite STARBUCKS drinks :), a white moka frappucino! I tweaked Martha Stewart's simple chocolate cupcake by adding freshly brewed coffee, 72% melted valrhona chocolate and filled it with a creamy dark chocolate mousse. Topped it off with a light fluffy white chocolate whipped cream frosting and a home made chocolate decoration. My taste testers thought it was absolutely delicious! I will definitely be making this yummy cupcake again :)!!!
Martha Stewart's Chocolate Cupcake
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Into a medium bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each, then beat in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with sour cream and beginning and ending with flour.
3. Pour batter into cups, filling each 3/4 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Cool in pan 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, then spread with Easy White Icing using a table knife or small offset spatula. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
You can top this off with your favorite frosting, I would recommend Martha Stewart's 7 minute frosting. It has the same light creamy texture that would go perfectly with this cupcake!
I'm thinking of doing a peppermint cupcake for next week's cupcake of choice :)! So excited since peppermint is one of my favorite flavors.